Monday, January 22, 2007

Does Firefox crash for you?

About ten days ago I discovered a really evil and nasty bug that totally crashed the Mozilla Firefox webbrowser and after some hard work I managed to remove the crashing symptom of my site.

On popular demand I have restored an old backup where the Firefox-crashing bug still is present and set up a little test site for you all to test if your Firefox (combined with your Windows-version) crashes. It seems that the only variable is not what Firefox version you are running, but also there seems to depend on something else, it may be a windows driver or something like that. Maybe it depends on what Add-ons are installed in Firefox.

If you are running Firefox go to http://ffcrash.agent55.com and test it, and please post a comment about the results here. Dont forget to mention what version of Firefox you have and what operating system version you are running.

3 comments:

jonas said...

Crashes my firefox if i repeat the query.

Loo said...

I have firefox 2 and it crashed after five or seven clicks. It crashes everytime I try to use my live Java run draft program from AOL. On my old computer last year with an older firefox it did not crash. How do I fix this problem? Please help

Sergie Magdalin said...

i have firefox 2.0.0.12 and it crashes on the third click. windows vista. my firefox has been crashing so much that i wan't to throw it away already. when using google calendar, when i click on "settings" it crashes. random websites make it crash too like wikipedia when i searched "spleen." weird.